Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program for your multimedia computer. You can hear and play along to many song ideas and go from “nothing” to “something” in a very short period of time with Band-in-a-Box as your “on demand” backup band.
Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7, or C13b9), choose the style you’d like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest, automatically generating a complete professional-quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar, and strings or horns in a wide variety of popular styles plus optional live audio tracks with RealDrums and RealTracks.
Band-in-a-Box is a powerful and creative music composition tool for exploring and developing musical ideas with near-instantaneous feedback.
There are over 70 new features in Band-in-a-Box 2023!
This includes many major new features. There are Partial Track Re-Generations, with an on-screen Regeneration Panel and an Always Different setting to get up to 40 variations on any RealTracks. Undo – Track Generation and Undo – Song Generation is added. You can now copy, cut, paste, delete, insert, and do other editing functions to the RealTracks/RealDrums tracks, while preserving the ability for the tracks to re-generate new material. Auto-Save Song prevents data loss. Playable Tracks are enhanced for Playable RealTracks (404 new Sforzando sounds, 700 total – all with Audio Demos), and now include Playable RealDrums, MIDI SuperTracks and MIDI tracks. There are now RealTracks Stems, separate isolated tracks available for multi-track RealTracks like Horns (e.g., Crooner, Blues), Vocals, and String Quartets. Master Track Volume Automation for fadeouts, crescendos etc. added.
SynthMaster Player synth included, with modern/techno sounds. Audio Input monitoring to hear your Audio Input (e.g., electric guitar with effects) through to Audio Out. Arpeggiator sounds available. EZ Selection of your RealTracks/RealDrums Folders. Help for “Style not Found” providing info and lists of substitutes. Generate Intros using Song Chords. RealDrums Fills control, Enhancements for StylePicker – Preview, Prototypes and Rebuild, and much more!
The Band-in-a-Box 2023 DAW Plugin offers over 40 exciting new features and enhancements, including Drum Stems (separate tracks from the different microphones used during the actual recording sessions), 4 color schemes to choose from, enhanced chord settings, improved undo/redo operation, “Rebuild StylePicker” notification whenever rebuild is required, EZ RealTracks/RealDrums Folder Locations dialog, and more!
The award-winning Band-in-a-Box® is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program for Windows or Mac. Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7, or C13b9), choose the style you’d like, and Band-in-a-Box® does the rest, automatically generating a complete professional-quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar, and strings or horns in a wide variety of popular styles plus optional live audio tracks with RealDrums and RealTracks – audio instruments that replace the MIDI track with actual recordings of top studio musicians.
– Fixed: Highlighted area in black in chords window only showed the first chord in a highlighted bar
– Fixed: Undo was not working correctly after generating track
– Fixed: Set MIDI volume of Playable RT SFZ Sound menu item in the PRT menu wasn’t doing anything.
– Fixed: F10 Hotkey for Microchords dialog in Chords Window. (could not use F6 because that’s the Now hotkey in RB) (Could not use M because it’s the part marker hot key)
– Fixed: Help button in newer dialogs now linked to the new help topics
– Fixed: Stems generation might not have worked properly.
– Fixed: RealTracks regenerate every time playback starts if an ST2 file is missing, or using a style like _STUNR3.STY with RT “Silence”
– Fixed: Big Piano window was not returning to its previous size when opened.
– Fixed: Incorrectly labeled menu items in the Soloist menu.
– Fixed: Notes might not be turned off after rendering.
– Fixed: Possible crash if starting playback immediately after loading a song.
– Fixed: “Unsupported Time signature change” might appear many times if using File > Open Special > Open MIDI File.
– Fixed: Import MIDI from clipboard menu items did not open the new dialog.
– Fixed: User was prompted to save song after generating song, even if no changes were made.
– Fixed: Broken file extension filter in the File Open dialog.
– Fixed: RealTrack 2498: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockabillySwingKevin Sw 165 had gaps in audio.
– Updated: PDF Manuals, help, tip files.